43221 - Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College

43221 - Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College

Monday 7 March 2011

Magazine Mock Up



This is my mock up front cover. We were asked to create a magazine aimed at young people. I decided to make a music magazine aimed at males, aged 16-25, that like to here about the latest music, and whats happening in the industry. I have used formal language, that allows the users to feel that they are being treat seriously, and that they are given respect. I started of with a blank A4 photoshop page. I decided to use this piece of software, as it is of a professional standard, and allows you to do some cool effects with images and text. I then added the picture of Adam, and started to build up the page. I created the title using a Photoshop Text tutorial Here, but decided to stop at step 2, as it think it looks nice as it is. I then added the strap across the bottom using the shape tool, and the bar-code on the top was copied from Google. The text was all added using the text tool, then loading the slection by clicking on the layer whilst holding the Shift key, and expanding the selection, and filling it the inverse colour to create the outline.


This is my magazine double page spread mock up. It has been designed in InDesign, using columns, dropcaps, images, frames and text link. As you can see my InDesign Skills are very basic, they are just good enough to create a half decent looking product, but are not good enough to create my double page spread for my final product. As you can see, i need to develop my skills, in order to produce a high quality image, and make sure that it enables me to get the best marks i can in my final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment